In the context of these Terms and Conditions of Use, the following words shall have the following meanings:
"LIPA Sixth Form College" means LIPA Sixth Form College, having its registered office at Mount Street, Liverpool, L1 9HF, United Kingdom
“Website” means the pages of information, data, text, images, graphics, hyperlinks or computer code published on, or available via the world wide web, which are under the ownership or control of LIPA Sixth Form College and from which a hyperlink has been created to these terms and conditions;
"User" means any individual, company or organisation accessing the Website.
2. Applicable terms and conditions
This Website is owned by LIPA Sixth Form College and any uses made of the Website (including any registrations and transactions entered into via the Website), are subject to these terms and conditions. LIPA Sixth Form College may, at its sole discretion, modify or revise these terms and conditions at any time by updating the text of this page.
Information may be collected about Users on the Website for various purposes. We endeavour to collect personal data only with your knowledge or consent. Below are examples of the categories of data collected:
For the most part, you may visit our website without having to tell us who you are. However, certain technical information is normally collected as a standard part of your use of our service. Such information includes, for example, your IP-address, access times, the website you linked from, pages you visit, the links you use and other such technical information your browser provides us with or as may be otherwise collected in connection our service.
Information you provide us with
When you register for our newsletters, or otherwise interact with us, we may ask you to provide us with information such as your name, email address, street address, that may be needed to provide you with the information you have requested or to communicate with you.
Communicating with you and marketing
We may use your personal data to communicate with you, for example, to provide information relating to our services or events. We may use your personal data for marketing or research purposes, for example, to conduct market research.
LIPA Sixth Form College does not disclose your personal data to any other company for marketing purposes.
Many browsers are set to automatically accept cookies. If you are using Microsoft's Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Safari you should be able to configure your browser to restrict or block cookies, or you may wish to delete them, by going to your browsers settings. Below are short instructions for how to do this in the four most popular browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: Click the 'Tools' icon in the top right hand corner and select 'Internet options'. In the pop up window select the 'Privacy' tab. From here you can adjust your cookie settings.
- Google Chrome: Click the spanner in the top right hand corner and select 'Settings'. From here select 'Under the hood' and change the settings under 'Privacy'.
- Mozilla Firefox: From the drop down menu in the top left hand corner select 'Options'. In the pop up window select the 'Privacy' tab. From here you can adjust your cookie settings.
- Safari: From the settings drop down menu in the top right hand corner select 'Preferences'. Select the 'Security' tab and from here you can adjust your cookie settings.