We hope you are looking forward to starting the Acting course in September as much as we are looking forward to working with you. We want you to be prepared for when you start the course so here is a list of items that you will need.
In all classes we require students to wear a set of plain black clothing. This should be inexpensive, with no logos or other markings, and something that you are comfortable to move around in. So:
- Comfortable black clothes (not revealing), which you can move freely in e.g. jogging bottoms, leggings, T-shirts;
- Sports bras are optional for girls but may be useful in Physical Theatre classes;
- Please avoid clothing such as tops with thin straps and trousers with loose waistbands;
- Comfortable footwear with non-marking soles such as trainers or a pair of black jazz shoes.
Throughout the Acting course you will keep a logbook / reflective journal. This will really help you when you collate your research for projects.
To enable you to organise your work you will need the following:
- A4 ring-binder with dividers, to organise work;
- A4 notebook/lined paper;
- Pens, pencil, ruler and rubber etc;
- USB stick.
For events (available once you have started college):
- LIPA Sixth Form College hoodie
- LIPA Sixth Form College T-shirt
I hope you find that helpful.
Have a wonderful summer and I and the team will be here to welcome you in September.
Edward Pinner, Programme Manager for Acting