LIPA Sixth Form College offers two-year courses focusing only on creative and performing arts disciplines, leading to a nationally-recognised qualification suitable for going onto higher education or conservatoire study
Studying with us offers you:
- Excellent training in your chosen discipline, enabling you to develop your practical abilities and interests - we were rated 'Outstanding' in all areas by Ofsted in February 2019.
- A small, yet specialist, post-school learning environment, where you will meet people, like you, who live and breathe the creative and performing arts.
- Access to industry contacts, masterclasses and workshops, and guidance from a range of creative and performing arts professionals. Our past masterclasses have included some of the industry’s biggest names, such as Paul McCartney, Judi Dench and Elaine Paige.
- Experienced teaching staff with a range and depth of professional know-how gained in the creative and performing arts industries.
- Access to professional equipment and facilities, within a purpose-built learning environment in the heart of Liverpool’s Cultural Quarter.
- Excellent results - in 2019, 99% of our students passed their UAL Level 3 Extended Diploma, with 83% of them at high grades. 80% have progressed to higher education, with 40% going into conservatoires
- Destinations for our students include Royal Central School of Speech & Drama, Royal Northern College of Music, Shockout (Bolton), Leeds College of Music, LIPA, BIMM, UCLAN, Salford University and University of Liverpool . Over 90% of our 2019 leavers are now in higher education or employment.
- Frequent performance and practical opportunities throughout your course, showing your work to audiences in our studio theatre and other professional settings.
- Access to, and engagement with, the creative and performing arts community within Liverpool and beyond, with visits to venues and community-based projects.