LIPA Sixth Form College offers Level 3 studies focusing only on creative and performing arts disciplines, leading to a nationally-recognised qualification
Studying with us offers you:
- A small, yet specialist, post-school learning environment, where you will meet people, like you, who live and breathe the creative and performing arts.
- Access to professional equipment and facilities, within a purpose-built learning environment in the heart of Liverpool’s Cultural Quarter.
- Practical and vocational project-based learning which helps you to take creative risks to grow your knowledge, interests and technical abilities in a safe, supportive environment.
- Experienced teaching staff with a range and depth of professional know-how gained in the creative and performing arts industries.
- Excellent results - of our 2018 leavers, 99.4% passed their course of study, with 59% gaining D* or D grades. 74% went onto Higher Education or conservatoire study, and 96% progressed into HE or employment. Destinations for leavers included Bristol Old Vic, Guildhall, Leeds College of Music, LIPA, Mountview, Royal Northern College of Music, Manchester Metropolitan University, University of Leeds, University of Liverpool and University of West London.
- Opportunities to collaborate regularly with students of other disciplines to extend your interests and skills and to complement your chosen course.
- Access to industry contacts, masterclasses and workshops, and guidance from a range of creative and performing arts professionals.
- Access to, and engagement with, the creative and performing arts community within Liverpool and beyond.
- Frequent performance and practical opportunities throughout your course, showing your work to audiences in our studio theatre and other professional settings.
- The opportunity to be part of and to actively and creatively contribute to the ongoing success of the wider LIPA group.