LIPA Sixth Form College offers Level 3 studies focusing only on creative and performing arts disciplines, leading to a nationally-recognised qualification
Studying with us offers you:
- Excellent training in your chosen discipline, enabling you to develop your technical abilities and interests - we were rated 'Outstanding' by Ofsted in February 2019.
- A small, yet specialist, post-school learning environment, where you will meet people, like you, who live and breathe the creative and performing arts.
- Access to professional equipment and facilities, within a purpose-built learning environment in the heart of Liverpool’s Cultural Quarter.
- Practical and vocational project-based learning which helps you to take creative risks to grow your knowledge, interests and technical abilities in a safe, supportive environment.
- Experienced teaching staff with a range and depth of professional know-how gained in the creative and performing arts industries.
- Excellent results - in 2019, 99% of our students passed their UAL Level 3 Extended Diploma, with 83% of them at high grades. 80% have progressed to higher education, with 40% going into conservatoires - destinations include Royal Central School of Speech & Drama, Royal Northern College of Music, Shockout (Bolton), Leeds College of Music, LIPA, BIMM, UCLAN, Salford University and University of Liverpool . Over 90% of our 2019 leavers are now in higher education or employment. We provide specialist support, such as audition and interview practice, to help our students achieve their goals..
- Opportunities to collaborate regularly with students of other disciplines to extend your interests and skills and to complement your chosen course.
- Access to industry contacts, masterclasses and workshops, and guidance from a range of creative and performing arts professionals.
- Access to, and engagement with, the creative and performing arts community within Liverpool and beyond.
- Frequent performance and practical opportunities throughout your course, showing your work to audiences in our studio theatre and other professional settings.
- The opportunity to be part of and to actively and creatively contribute to the ongoing success of the wider LIPA group.