LIPA Sixth Form College was judged ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in 2019.
Just two-and-a-half years after we opened, we achieved the best possible Ofsted, when we were rated ‘outstanding’ in all areas. Inspectors praised our supportive, inclusive environment; the high industry expectations modelled by our staff and the diligent and collaborative work of our students.
Key findings in the report included:
- Staff have created an exceptionally positive and inclusive learning environment in which all students thrive and grow in confidence and ability.
- Students aspire to reach exceptionally high standards in their written work and practical skills.
- Students strongly develop their resilience, which prepares them exceptionally well for work within the performing arts industry.
- The large majority of students who complete their study programme move onto higher education courses in conservatoires, prestigious dance and drama colleges and elite universities.
- Students who resit their GCSE English and mathematics improve their grades.
- Students with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEN) develop skills in line with their peers.
- Students benefit from an extensive programme of additional activities. Staff use their excellent links with industry to provide students with masterclasses from an impressive range of high-profile industry professionals. Students take part in live performances, both in and outside college, and in highly competitive competitions. These help students develop an in-depth understanding of the industries in which they aspire to work.
- Students enjoy their learning and are very enthusiastic about the vocations in which they are studying. They demonstrate excellent behaviour and attitudes to work. Collaborative learning and mutual respect for each other’s individuality contribute to the culture of inclusivity and the vibrancy that permeates the college.
Our Ofsted rating is the result of much hard work by our staff and students, and we look forward to sharing and building on this success with future generations of students.
Our official listing on the Ofsted website can be found at https://reports.ofsted.gov.uk/inspection-reports/find-inspection-report/provider/ELS/142891